Wednesday 11 March 2015

Extremely Loud Incredibly Close (That Day, The Worst Day)

If what i hope is true then i never really hurt you
i hurt myself, cheated myself, stole from myself
but i can't get over not seeing how you loved me
i can't let go of that day, when i offered you time.
When I said that we could finally be together, us
playing, holding, saying things, talking, walking,
loving the truth of what we could share, stroke a
hair on a head that i wished to rest on my chest.
So like that plate they say to smash on the floor
and say sorry to, like trust it was broken the day
I went around, shouting out, that i loved another,
when i did but she was with some other in love.
So bother, a brother, i can't let go of the hurt I
did you that day, the worst day when i went
away and came back too late, to cry with
you, flagellating myself since then again.
I've learnt why since then and opened
up all my oldest wounds as far as
the eye can see, the heart feel
wishing i had something real.
Knowing in it I am not true
having doubts i can be,
that i'm whole really,
that I can heal too.
I daren't hurt you
again so i have
to wait to see
who are we.
Who am I
that's not
of import
without
you
x

No comments:

Post a Comment