Thursday 7 July 2011

Imp Patient - The Next Greatest - Newroses - Voice of Reason - So Tired


Imp Patient

Whilst I am not an Imp, having read about them today to create a play on words, I realised how much I would have identified with them in the past. I often used to feel like a 'small and not very attractive creature' and I have been known to use 'jokes and pranks as a means of attracting human friendship'. That being said, looking back with hindsight I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, apart from a total lack of self esteem stemming from believing what other people said. Only those opinions of course that were negative about me because when you are not feeling good about you, it is its own self-fulfilling prophecy, dependent on ignoring positive statements.

I find myself becoming very impatient with the pace of change in the world today and at times in my own life and keep reassessing the progress of both with more than just an eye to the future.

An imp is a mythological being similar to a fairy or demon, frequently described in folklore and superstition. The word may perhaps derive from the term ympe, used to denote a young grafted tree. Originating from Germanic folklore, the imp was a small lesser demon. It should also be noted that demons in Germanic legends were not necessarily always evil. Imps were often mischievous rather than evil or harmful, and in some regions they were portrayed as attendants of the gods. Imps are often shown as small and not very attractive creatures. Their behaviour is described as being wild and uncontrollable, much the same as fairies, and in some cultures they are considered the same beings, both sharing the same sense of free spirit and enjoyment of all things fun. Imps were often portrayed as lonely little creatures always in search of human attention. They often used jokes and pranks as a means of attracting human friendship, which often backfired when people became tired or annoyed of the imp's endeavours, usually driving it away.

The Next Greatest Love of my Life - COSMO 2011

I was at a music festival at the weekend and having gone there alone but hoping to catch up with a couple of new good friends and having successfully done so the night before, I found myself in my tent a bit bleary eyed having woken up to hear my next door neighbours on one side chatting amongst themselves. In my usual way, I let my quick wit do the rest and soon we were fast friends drawn together through adversity as I had way too many provisions and far too much random stuff along for the ride, they had not and vice versa. The details are sketchy and vague and the four days blur into one another, as the weekend progressed we became a close knit little group which shared and shared alike. I haven't had so much fun in a very long time, and I made a promise I shall keep peeps...

Anyway... I had found a beautiful square silk scarf a few months ago, it was caught up in the hedge when I was out for a walk. I assumed it had blown there as it was on the edge of a huge flat expanse of land and since then I've been keeping it for an as yet unmet special someone, who by the weekend still hadn't appeared on the scene ;) so I leant it out and at one point it was adorning a rather attractive magical stick, but in the end it became a wicked bandanna. I was telling one of my new friends about it and admitted quietly to them that "I had this romantic idea that I would give it to the next greatest love of my life" at which point they told everyone to my momentary involuntary unwitnessed scarlet embarrassment. It suits you other new friend, even if you are a bloke, I was very happy to have given it to a worthy home ;)

I hope you will forever be happy together x

Newroses

Can we all try to remember that neurosis are psychological affectations NOT character traits?

Neurosis is a class of functional mental disorders involving distress but neither delusions nor hallucinations, whereby behaviour is not outside socially acceptable norms.[1] It is also known as psychoneurosis or neurotic disorder, and thus those suffering from it are said to be neurotic. The term essentially describes an "invisible injury" and the resulting condition.

According to Dr. George Boeree, effects of neurosis can involve: ...anxiety, sadness or depression, anger, irritability, mental confusion, low sense of self-worth, etc., behavioural symptoms such as phobic avoidance, vigilance, impulsive and compulsive acts, lethargy, etc., cognitive problems such as unpleasant or disturbing thoughts, repetition of thoughts and obsession, habitual fantasizing, negativity and cynicism, etc. Interpersonally, neurosis involves dependency, aggressiveness, perfectionism, schizoid isolation, socio-culturally inappropriate behaviours, etc.

Voice of Reason

It seems to me that the voice of reason in your life, whoever it is, must get really fed up with having to be the adult all the time, take the high road, kill the joy that you feel when you insist on continually taking flights of fancy. You are NEVER going to win the lottery to solve all your problems.

Get real or die NOT trying...

So Tired

Tired of almost everything it seems except new experiences

Been there done that... may have to be my new tattoo ;)

As more of the old world reveals itself to be worthless

When will a new and wholly vital one emerge?

Perhaps not until we all make it happen...

Light &
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment