Sunday 24 July 2011

It's never as bad as you think or it's a lot worse - Faking It


Dreading something, it's gonna be awful I know it. Built it up into such a massive thing now, gotten myself into such a state. What an anticlimax! Wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought...

Anticipating something, it's gonna be awesome I know it. Built it up into such a massive thing now, gotten myself into such a state. What an anticlimax! Nothing happened like I thought...

Ultimately we spend lots of time dreading or looking forward to things, only for our expectations to be dashed or outperformed. Going into a new situation or an old one with an open mind is key.

It's fine to have ideas of what might occur, hopes and dreams even, but don't commit yourself

The present is a gift you are given in every single moment of your life to make changes

Embrace change and resist habits rather than the other way around

The things you worry about so rarely happen

The unexpected fucks you over

So why worry at all?

Don't...

Find yourself some real estate between :-
Planning for the worst and Hoping for the best
I hear it's really nice there at any time of the year

-

Faking It

I was talking to a new friend about ways to get over someone. Over anything in fact. First you have to be really honest with yourself. Be hard on yourself but not too much, give yourself a break but not too much. Then you just pretend until it's real.

I've realised that as scared as I was of so many things and still am of some of them...

Everyone has the same fears they just disguise them better or worse is all.

BUT you can fake a new reality... until it becomes one for you.

Faking it less these days out of necessity.

Pachamama - Mother World...

Mother of my invention.

Light &
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment