Tuesday 12 July 2011

1 + 1 = 2 = - Limitless - Holdin' Out - In Character

One Plus One Equals Two Equals

So you are in love with someone, it fades or whatever, when bam along comes someone else...

Your first love asks, when shit hits fans, "Do you love her?"

Answer A:- She means nothing to me
Answer B:- Yes and we want to be one

I don't pick on women very often but if you can't see the idiocy of preferring in that situation, answer A... in which case you selfishly want the other person to be treated as badly as you have been. Surely the hitch is that a marital relationship, the societally accepted bond between two individuals that is supposed to be the be all and end all, means starting as you mean to go on with a huge compromise...

If you love someone first, if you become close friends that's deemed as a no no, if you ever want to be more than that. The reason given is that it is too difficult to risk a good friendship for the possibility of something more. Well then why not be honest, you are attracted to them.

I'm attracted to the people I'm friends with, let's not get hung up on sexual attraction please.

I'd much rather have five really good female friends and be making love to none of them
than be sleeping with five women but want to have nothing more to do with any of them

So if all you want is sex, good on ya, each to their own. I'm sure you get what you want

In the words of the song, "...if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need."

Suggesting that I can only love one person at a time is frankly untrue, but I can only be in love with one person at once by definition. To be 'in love' is to be in the space you leave yourself with, within a boundary called 'a couple' or 'in a relationship'.

Re-framing love as something not restricted to one person or another, but to be an expression of how you truly feel about each individual to the extent that is appropriate.

I'd like to get to know ya better before I'd like to get to know ya better

The love of my life IS love

Limitless

The only thing that I have found to be limitless is joy. There are lots of other bits and pieces that are moreish but nothing that I can satiate my desire for, nothing is hitting the spot like it used to. It's why it's so difficult to moderate your behaviour right now. It's becoming clear that setting a limit sets the limit of what is possible. Going into any situation with an open mind and a clear head works. Expecting more...

The other bit of one of my tattoos reads 'Plus est en vous'... 'There is more in you'

More than you were told, more than even you think, more more more

Holdin' Out For an Ideal (When all else seems so unsatisfactory...)

Yes that means I've turned down a few opportunities and there's a few things I carry with me...

I regret a greater number of things that I should have done that I didn't and far fewer things I shouldn't have done but did. Erring on the side of caution keeps you a little too safe though? Everything is a balancing act but equilibrium is boring too if there's nothing to compare it with.

I give a lot and am used to receiving as much if not more in return.

Giving love like doing a kind deed, you do it because it feels good.

Not because you expect something back, even though you get it.

Joy comes from the little things that you never noticed at all.

Not who or what you've had your focus on entirely whilst,

battling not to succumb to the desire to want more.

Once you got what you wanted, ya didn't want it no more
Get what you need and suddenly you don't need anything

Love is all ya need, love is all ya need

In Character

It feels like the screenplay is being laid right out in front of me, little hints and tips along the way. I know what the right thing to do is in each situation. I knew I should have slowed down, but I like pushing my luck. Always have. Some times it works out for the better and some for the worst.

Was talking with someone about how we play different roles or fake them. You can fake confidence and all sorts of things until they become real, my personal favourite fakery was on a night out I would pretend to be having a good time, until I actually was.

The problem with being in character for long periods of time is that after a while it's almost impossible to tell where that ends, and you begin, any more...

I have some dis and some ad vantages

But overall we're all equal

No one is more

or less than

You

Light &
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment