Sunday 3 December 2017

Post One

New day new me, letting go of all that old stuff
Just a note to fill out a draft post so this is one
Don't know what to say or write or put here
I went to Bristol Broadmead and hugged
I hugged the young and old and free
Whoever wished to receive a hug
It's addictive in a good way too
Puts a big smile on my face
Saw a few people I knew
Hugged with another
We were a team
We hugged
Loved
Free
So actually
I ought to just write normally
For once after all my poetry seems to be going elsewhere now
My writing is a video with me talking about whatever it is and flowing it into a rhyme on the fly
So this can be where I write things in words and explain what my day was like, just as it ought to have been in the first place, a blog, a log of my bloody life, what does blog even stand for anyway?  So yes, today I went to see if I could help out the homeless in the Bearpit in Bristol but ended up meeting a fellow hugger who suggested we go to the centre of the shopping centre, so we stood outside Barclays bank, and just held up our free hugs signs, and met all sorts of people, friendly mostly, some had such a look of disgust or disdain on their faces, whatever they felt inside I hasten to add because I got so many smiles on the faces of the people who weren't interested in a hug, they were bemused, which i assume is a brother or sister of amused, they were interested or over a period of several looks back at me I could wear them down, open them up, see them transformed, from closed to a little smile to a grin to interested to coming over, to saying something to whoever they were with, and yes I got hugged so much I have a warm glow all over my head, it's spreading as i do energy work, as i let in the cosmic sun, the rays of the universe, the light of the moon reflected sunlight, the energy of love, transformation, as i open my crown and let it down it floods me, fills me up, inside and out, spreading the love as we did there was a wonderful, wonderfilled thing, we made so many people happy, some who needed a hug, some who did it for a laugh, a bet, a dare, as i react, as i feel the day slowly energise me, affect me, as i feel myself whole, healed, from yesterday in the workshop at Manchester, we did some spiritual work, we opened up to allow in energy from above, to see that flow down in waves, to feel it recognise any parts of us that are heavy or unneeded and let them go down, into the earth through our feet, to gift whatever we don't need to the mother earth, and let her recycle it, after all it's just energy, let her see what she can do with it, turn it into something good, like composting your excrement, like pissing in the woods, like letting everything that you don't need that is recyclable go where it needs to be to be reused, turned into something needed, and this flow becomes a cycle, that we can call in, that we can practise, that we can take as our natural way of being part of nature, gift everything we don't need, and in return, reciprocally we receive the energy that we need to heal, to be whole, to fill us up, our energy bubble, that seems so close to us, that keeps people away or draws them in, like my smile today, a grin, a broad means of saying hi to broadmead, and letting them know that i love them with out any need for them to do anything, getting so much eye contact, feeling as though it heals whatever issues I have with that, teaches me whatever it is that normal people, social animals experience over their lifetime from childhood to adulthood, that lets them relax and feel ok with the glare of someone elses light shining on me, i know that might not read right or well, gramatically so, but who cares, it means something to me to write what i feel i know, express it and those who got hugged from small kids to mature adults all enjoyed it, came back for more, or told their friends and that is a powerful thing, I saw that we made a difference in lives.

So to return to the story of free hugs at a later date is something I feel like I will be doing because it feels great, it's such an easy thing to do, to go wherever I go with a sign that says Free Hugs and show folks that it's ok to hug a stranger, if they need a hug they can have one, no need to let go too soon, keep on hugging me and i'll keep on hugging you too, let it give you the oxytocin that you need, the bonding hugging chemical that resets all our anxiety and nervousness, i feel them shaking or vibrating as they want to pull away and want to stay right there at the same time, not sure if it's ok to keep hugging, the slaps or pats that say this is me having had enough, or expecting me to say the same thing with my hands, to say let go now, when I don't unless they do, just to make them feel ok, don't want to hug them longer than they want to, but still I need them to know it's ok to take as much free love as they wish to get from me, after all that's what a hug is, a sign that they are held and loved by someone, a sign that they are ok, trusted, not a threat, a friend, a family member, we even said it, I followed in my friend and colleagues lead, thankyou sister, thankyou brother, we're all family here.

Every friday night in the Bearpit I shall try to make a difference for the homeless and homed too.

Other times I may just venture out into the town on other days because this was a good one thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment