Wednesday 1 February 2012

Destiny's Child ("My Density has bought me to you")


If I look back over my life I can see specific moments that changed its course...

When I returned from my travels I wanted to get my new & old friends together.
I put on a party & invited an old work mate who I'd just reconnected with on FB.
Who brought all sorts of interesting people and music that I am now hooked on.
Later I was sitting outside my house tempted to just do nothing an stay home.
But I went out instead because I wanted to keep the positive changes going.
Met people that have had an outstanding influence on the way I do things.
Afterwards I met someone briefly at a Tribe of Frog at Lakota in Bristol.
Which lead to me following my instincts and going to Cosmo Festival '11.
Asked my new friend to come stay over, she opened me up spiritually.
Our new mutual pals wanted to go out on a Saturday night in town.
I took them there and tried to make sure they had a good night.
Met someone at Happy Daze and without thinking went for it.
Had a joyous few days but royally fucked up cos I'm clumsy.
I've learnt an awful lot and made some old mistakes again.
Have fallen and found myself feeling like that old version.
The one who never had anything to feel truly proud of.
But I haven't let myself down as much as others do.
Or as much as I have in the past and I sleep well.
Am lonely as I never felt it, when I was numb.
Of course I wanna fuck, but make love first.
Starting things as I mean to go on...

We all have several destinies, many of the events in our lives would happen anyway but far more only occur because we make a choice. I chose to be honest and it's backfired on me I think.

I have male friends who say things I just can't believe are true. Sex seems more important than love. For some it's because they've been hurt in the past or don't want to be again in the future.

I'd much rather be single for the rest of my days than either cheat with someone or only be with someone dishonestly just for sex. If that makes me strange in the eyes of some then so be it.

I've loved people in the past and when it became clear it wasn't going anywhere, or when I put everything on the line, I moved on. I've been in relationships recently where I didn't have to hold back, I could be totally open and honest and by doing so have remained friends, that's the least I expect. I did the right thing in each case. Often that has meant that the person whose life I would have liked to have been a part of went back to resolve whatever issues they had with whoever it was that was still on their mind, a recent ex or an old flame that they just can't get past or something to do with themselves that I really shouldn't be involved with unless they want me to be or are ready to have me be.

Guys:-

Don't say things like 'any holes a goal' in front of me
Don't say I'd love to fuck her if she's with someone
You wouldn't want your partner to cheat on you...

Girls:-

All I've done is make sure that I can love the one I'm with
AND be free to love someone else aswell if that is appropriate
I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it too just my fair share

All of those little changes that I chose to make in the past few years lead me to you.

That was a destiny of sorts, not the end of the world, the start of a new one.

I hope it's populated with people like you, otherwise I'm fucked.

Light &
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment