Tuesday 2 December 2014

shoehornying

You see every moment with you reminds me internally
of every instance when I was my Best and my Worst me
and so as i harness the latter and free the first one of these
it makes for an it's complicated situation between you and me
mostly between me and me for the duration as i decide who is he
after all these years of idle speculation, tribulation, trepidation, glee
i must remember not to panic, breathe slow and deep, not fight or flee
because when i can slow things down, stop hearing, listen more to thee
i find life becoming wonderful, free, joyous, connected, unexpected ya see
and that is what i had always hoped for, for me, to be able to someday be
less concerned, worried, fearful and outrageous, calmer, sensible at sea
able to weather storms, enjoy becalming waters, surfs up, yes all three
become a voyager in life again setting out on some new trip basically
to who knows where, with who knows who, doing who, knows what
and so that is why i've opened up again, set sail am taking a shot
the rest i have no idea about, out of practise it just happens a lot
that I happen to things, not the other way around and so i've got
a brand new ledger into which to write a new true captains log
it's about time i finished shoehorning nautical reference in...

No comments:

Post a Comment