Tuesday 13 September 2011

Consider Yourself


I was thinking about the word desire.  The roots of the word are de and sire. Of, father...

desire
early 13c., from O.Fr. desirer, from L. desiderare "long for, wish for," original sense perhaps "await what the stars will bring," from the phrase de sidere "from the stars," from sidus (gen. sideris) "heavenly body, star, constellation" (but see consider). Noun sense of
 
Consider... Con. Sider.
 
Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English consideren  (< Anglo-French ) < Latin consīderāre  to examine, equivalent to con- con-  + sīder-  (stem of sīdus ) star-group, sky ( see sidereal) + -āre  infinitive suffix
 
con-
prefix

a variant of com-
 
[from Latin com-;  related to cum  with. Although its sense in compounds of Latin derivation is often obscured, it means: together, with, etc ( combine, compile ) ;  similar ( conform ); extremely, completely ( consecrate )] 
 
 Origin:
1625–35;  < Latin sīdere ( us ) of, belonging to the stars ( sīder-,  stem of sīdus  star, constellation + -eus  adj. suffix) + -al1
 
 I'd like to take you with me but I'm not sure where I'm going, just that I have to and it must be your choice to come or not.  I'll leave the door ajar on my way out and a trail of breadcrumbs down the path.

You'll only find your hidden depths when you go looking for them.

Once you dare to dream they exist they do and you're off.

When I grew up I wanted to be happy that's all.
 
Consider yourself one of the family.

Together we make a tribe.
 
Light &
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment