Wednesday 18 May 2011

Tongue Tied - Where's The Coffin? - Lowest Of The Low

when was the last time you looked at the moon?
Some don't see the man but a hare

Last Night Of The Full Moon Tonight...
Look in on it once in a while for me.
In case I forget


Where's The Coffin?

Clearing and digging and planting my friends new allotment last Saturday, suddenly hit something big and solid under the soil. Finding a big thick plastic substance in the way we dug around the edges, only to find that it was huge, some mentioned the possibility of a body of course and as it grew really big we finally found an edge. Lifting it up the builders had 'disposed of' i.e. hidden a massive pile of bind weed root right under the topsoil on my mates new Allotment. We we're faced with three options, get it out, leave it open for the builders to remove, as the sight hasn't been handed over yet, or finally, fill it back in which we duly did.

So with the hole patted down and an 8 foot piece of timber I'd dug up at the other end of the plot, placed over the obviously replaced soil to mark it in case the builders do get their arses in gear and finish the job properly, the chief whatshisfeller of the Allotment Associayshun (don't yew know lahddy bleedin dah ;) who is actually a bit pompous but gave my mate some raspberry bushes so can't be all bad comes over with an official looking mate from the council or summink and asks the question, "Where's the coffin" to which I replied in split seconds, "We've Buried It". My wit was faster than a speeding bullet, setting a new personal record. Probably a bit brusquely but I assume that was the one beer and no sleep and hard work on a saturday ;)

Lowest Of The Low

We are the lowest of the low. Hierarchies are shit. Blunt but fair. Tribal societies uh like where we came from yeah? They have a council of elders. In most cases and in few others in spite of it, the effect of meeting foreigners from the continents that we are from meant having to feel like they need to change their ways in line or maybe it was just some Men thinking, "hey guys we can take over and kick the women out of our leadership because it seems everyone else in the world is doing it. "

In my current society, at work, which is basically a nuthouse for the wrongly committed respected and trusted to the slightly annoying to the reasonably evil, racist and depraved. Feel free to pick which group you assume I come from...

I am an agency bod which is even worse than working there full time. The dread on their little and huge faces, the delight that the bullying little twat of a boss man takes in being a see you next tuesday, I know! But I'm not being P.C. just like to save that word for special occasions...

For us we have that as a daily or weekly chore to deal with, the boredom when there's nothing to do and we shudn't be there, the busyness when there's three shipping containers to empty in a day and you get no lunch (I am allowed a break or insist or feign fainting, or actually do feel a bit queesy and go grab some weetabix or whatever rations I have today hehe I was right as rain in seconds funnily enough ;)

But the added stress for us is we're on a week to week notice with this place, but hey I just do my usual, I'm polite but join in gladly when we're slagging off the boss, and it's a cracking laugh even if I just have a straight face sometimes if I decide I can't really laugh at a joke or agree with a sentiment. It's definitely an education but not an eyeopener at all. Been everywhere done everything. I want roots, deep and strong, putting some down, spose I was all along.

Ooh I was checking a new e.p. the other day although I think I've been had and through paypal too ;) Song writing, hmm I bet that's really difficult. I'd be much better at it with someone to bounce ideas off. In fact I'm much better at being the guy behind the scenes than the one leading the march, I can get performance anxiety when whatever it is means something to me.


Tongue Tied

I'm not the sort of person who is short of a word or two, some might use the phrase verbal diarrhoea, although I'd like to think that is only with people I feel really comfortable with as I take a while to warm to someone and open up, and anyway I let other people get more words in edgeways now, I learn't that sometimes, other people do have something to say :0 and some of it is even worth listening to...? I know! It was a surprise to me too. Growing up, or gaining experience as I like to call it, I treated conversation as the enemy and developed a quick wit in order to provide me with one-liners that I could use to divert attention from me and get out of the room or area, that was requiring of me to get engaged and involved. A coping mechanism from the anxiety that new situations would bring.

These days and for a long time now, I only ever get tongue tied in one situation, cos I can still bullshit my way out of almost anything when necessary but when I'm talking with someone and then I realise that I like them and I think they like me, my tongue and lips seem to be concentrating very hard on performing other tasks, or the possibility and I have to make an excuse and get out of there. At that point on Saturday night I'm fairly sure, although some people are a little touchy feely anyway especially in such a relaxed and awesome environment and after all I've met this person a few times now, although I'd say we'd barely talked before, more of an acquaintance, a happy one mind you.

Really good conversation, and what's more it's on the right side in terms of percentage terms for me, about them 60 / 40 me although I'm guessing as I don't have an eidetic memory I have an emotional memory, it usually takes a concious effort or someone else mentioning a particular evening for anything to start flooding back. It's why I'm such a good confidant, I remember what you tell me, but not until you bring it up. I live in the moment so there are more memorable ones, I've always done it naturally. It's why in terms of pendulum swings when it comes to the human condition mine were longer and more extreme. I didn't do anything by halves and when I wanted to avoid being here, I really wasn't. There are periods I've completely blanked out and never come up and people too, that I don't miss in the least but many I remember fondly who I do of course think about from time to time like everyone does.

I really enjoy any time I spend with women, always have when my best friends have usually (2 to 1) been those of my friends who are girls but if it's someone new or that you like, if their talking a little bit more than me it would give me enough time to think of something to say and also mean the focus or pressure as I saw it was off... Being a good listener helps. Having something to say in return was a real struggle at first for me back in the day, I mean look at those lips, why should I be following the conversation? I can't concentrate when all I can think about is kissing them? Lol

Anyway conversations like these are really fabulush, when you're in the company of people who are open and honest and not trying to either make themselves look good or doing themselves down. I like to self deprecate as much as, well not as much as I used to, hey fishing for compliments isn't what we call it but yes that's what it is... I don't want them anymore but they're gratefully accepted and when the feeling is mutual it's such a buzz.

So glad when people don't pretend they're someone they're not, otherwise ten years down the line you may have wasted the best years of your life getting to really know someone that bears little resemblance to the personality you originally met...

Why do they say there is a seven years itch? (well there isn't unless we believe there is and decide to get hitched to someone we don't actually know yet). Love people from the moment you meet them, love them for being them and not being what you want them to be.

Some laughs are good
Some honesty is better
A connection is the best

Nice memories.

I'm an ex celebate, unrequited, sworn off the lot of you at various stages, once shy and retiring or when pissed drunken overbearing (I assume cos I don't remember a lot;) and I'm guessing that now I'm somewhere inbeteen... Although never a slutty pisshead, luckily for me too much is too much... I become a 1% of brain activity homing pigeon and return home from wherever I am. I don't drink to get drunk much anymore especially abroad like in Spain! It's nearly impossible anyway when your putting away so much great food x te amo mucho espana (don't correct me if I'm wrong let me have this one please?)

I'm just as fussy as I've ever been, so if you're not pretty on the inside it doesn't matter to me what you look like.

And afterall when you haven't wanted to go for a swim in a long time, you really enjoy and appreciate just dipping your toes in, let alone getting a few lengths under your belt :)

Look out for everyone else & you're taken care of. Stop thinking what do I want?

I love people not for what they can do for me but for who they are, every time.

Won't fall in love again and that way I can never fall out of it again...

I'm in love with love... To love unconditionally is to get it back never having requested it ;)
But nevertheless so much more than you could ever want
Light &
Yes ;)
Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment