Wednesday 13 February 2013

We're there already...

I remember reading somewhere, bloody b key has stopped working, so every time I want a b I have to paste one in, so excuse me if from time to time I miss one out, cos I can't be 'othered...  I was reading or watching a video about how you could increase your chances of getting what you want.  Or perhaps I should say be careful what you wish for.  Last night we were talking about how it's so easy for someone to maintain a certain state of being, let's say a depressed person listens to depressive music, you are listening to the tunes that your mood has made you want to listen to.  However what that tends to mean is that, if you continue to listen to that music, you are setting your intention,  setting a precedent, saying to the future "Hey I'm miserable now, don't give me any less than misery from now on"...  whilst I continue this mood, looping from what i do to how I feel.  'Cos I've kinda got used to these emotions, these habitual responses to what life throws at me.  My mind, my chemical imbalances work better this way ;)  I'm happy being miserable...

Instead of perpetuating this record, this program, when you're upset you need to listen to something uplifting, something that brightens your day.  Don't let how you feel drive what you think or how you act.

To get what you want, be careful what you wish for, this video and the speakers within it suggested that you should let's say for arguments sake, you want to win the lottery, the idea was to imagine not that you have just won it, don't just imagine what you'd spend it on, but actually get into the feeling itself.

Feel how it would feel to have that freedom, to have that money to feel like you can do anything you want with your life from now on.  How it would feel to run down the road whooping and celebrating.

I think anyone who dreams of winning the lottery is kidding themselves, but if you really want something that badly, and you actually buy a ticket, you have a chance, the odds are slim, but not impossible.

The hard part is that lots of other people buy a ticket, lots of them also really desperately want to win it too.

Am I saying that it's the person who wants to win it the most that does so?  No I don't think I am.

Although...  I know that many of us think we must carry on into the future with whatever we have to deal with now, that there's no going back, which there isn't obviously, until the LHC (that huge sciencey ring thing in europe to do with strange particles and stuff and huggs bosoms?) creates a time portal and we can actually get a do over...  Anyway I'm digressing and distressing myself with the possibility of changing my past.

While there isn't any going back, close the door to the past in your minds eye, there is going forward.

We are all headed there, but like the saying goes, by the time you get to tomorrow it's today and tomorrow is still out there somewhere... That isn't a saying, I just made it up, I sayinged it...  We can all have hope.

It's why we don't do new things any more, why we've stopped trying to change what we see as our lot in life, why we don't expect anything but what came before, we've had enough disappointment in the past.

Why not try it for something small?  Something that could easily happen but that at the moment seems so unlikely,  why not make it something that you can try out this theory on?  Are you in perfect health?

It would be easy to feel happy, healthy, content.  We know what that feels like.  We could say I would like to feel the way I felt before, when I was younger, more vital, only I want to feel like this in the future, but I'm going to express that desire in the now.  I'm going to feel it now, I am free of the pain, free of it now.

So you are drawing together a whole host of feelings, based on the experiences of the past and the desire to feel what you would like to feel right now and from then on.  Make the future exist in the here and now.

Soak that feeling up, let it take over your entire body, feel your pain recede?  Feel you energy grow?

Imagine that you are entirely healthy, pretend, that's how we make believe, we did it as children.

Don't you remember how real it felt to play games?  The imagined worlds we created...

The characters, the situations, the colours, shapes, sounds, textures, places...

We built entire galaxies of possibilities in our minds, in our hearts.

They were real then and they can be real now.

All it takes is pretending and acting it out.

We still play if we've got any sense.

Joking and laughing is playing.

We need to do it again.

Need to feel it now.

Live it now.

be it now.

Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment