Saturday 30 April 2011

then I'll say goodbye - Jean Of The Dead - 7 Year Itch - My Flavourate


And if you've got no love for me then I'll say goodbye
Addendum to the devil in the detail experience...

The Devil in question, more of a minor demon as it was a friend of mine, although at the time as explicit an example of devilish behaviour as I've ever witnessed. I wanted to go to sleep for a while, have the tunes turned down (if not off ;) and basically go with the experience. However my friend decided and I'm fairly certain it was not out of concern for my wellbeing but a selfish desire to have some company, to pester me for 40 minutes trying to 'wake me up'. I had asked nicely and decided although it was very tempting to get angry, to just ignore him until he went away.

You see if someone accesses my stubborn streak, if you get my back up, as easily swayed and suggestible as I used to be there is nothing in this world that can change my mind if it is made up. I did do lots of great work on that streak whilst in Spain the last two springs, coming back always seems to let it's tendrils and those of all my other bad habits try to find a gap in my defences again.

The perverse thing is that without this persons attempts to drag me back from where I wanted to be, I would never have had the sense of huge relief when it was over, or the satisfaction of experiencing great duress and coming out the other side. You see he came to represent an old paradigm, everything that is wrong with this world and for that time being, THAT TIME BEING is what I was, a being almost out of time, out of causality, casuistry...

Just like to take this opportunity to thank all of the other miserable bastards and to be perfectly frank the many many cunts I've known who have taught me so much about how I don't want to act, what I don't want to be, made it impossible for me to bear certain situations that I would rather not have had to deal with in the first place.

So thanks for that...

Jean Of The Dead

I did what was expected, I fitted in, got a job turned it into a career, worked my way up, earned a very respectable salary and then I did the same things that everyone else does in this crazy fucked up world, all the stupid acceptable, fur brained half baked shit that you get up to, I bought stuff, pissed my money up the wall, went on foreign holidays where everyone speaks English eats British food with European people.

It's a wonder to me that I managed to stick 10 years of it when I felt like Shaun of the Dead.

It's even worse now because the more I wake up the easier it is to see how asleep everyone else is, preoccupied by very consuming passions but nonetheless distractions with a limited shelf life. A half life it was, and now when I'm around those type of people and trust me it's only for short periods as that's all I can take, I try not to make them feel too uncomfortable but it's so easy to wind up the numbnutses, to make them aware of how closed minded, how set in their ways, going down a one way street to nowhere'sville...

It's a bit like Shaun and his mates wandering to the Winchester, arms outstretched, with a vacant stare, uttering only ooooooeeeeeeuuuuuurrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh

7 Year Itch

You think about this, seven years ago every cell in your body was completely different to the ones that now make up your entire physique. Each and every one has been replaced in the last seven years so that now you are a completely different person. But more than that, you're a different person to who you were last year, last month, last week, yesterday, even a second ago. Always in flux, a state of transformation...

So if you insist on seeing me as the person I used to be, more fool you.

I sometimes wonder if you are determined to do so because me being a fuckup made you feel less inadequate and better about yourself ;)

I don't abuse alcohol anymore, I'm not depressed and lonely enough to do so and thankfully don't hang around with the wrong influences, haven't done for years. Which has lead to a cessation of cars being crashed and all sorts of other wholly regrettable behaviour. So keep on keeping on and practise the shocked look on your face when it becomes clear I want nothing to do with someone who persists in maintaining a false viewpoint, a negative image of me...

It's actually more complicated than seven years and every cell, surprise surprise ;) as brain cells aren't replaced (although they may regenerate according to some studies) other cells change at different rates...

My Flavourate
My flavourate is strawberry

Light &
Love
Jon
x

Reading up on it this response I found on the internet seemed to make the most sense...

As I understand it, the idea wasn't about cells, it was about atoms.

With the rate of turnover of cells and the constant repair of cells, the longest atoms were supposed to stay in your body was 7 years.

Many atoms, such as those in your lungs are lost every breath, so this “7 years” was a maximum. Also, it would have been a statistical calculation.

You loose x carbons and y hydrogens in n years, therefore your body has used enough carbon and hydrogen to replace itself.

The calculation would have involved all the elements, probably as an average uptake and excretion thing.

If I find a reference for it i will let you know :-)

cas·u·ist·ry/ˈkaZHo͞oəstrē/Noun

1. A mental exercise to discover possibilities for analysis of communication
3. The use of clever but unsound reasoning, esp. in relation to moral questions; sophistry.
2. The resolving of moral problems by the application of theoretical rules to particular instances.

Web definitions
  • argumentation that is specious or excessively subtle and intended to be misleading

  • moral philosophy based on the application of general ethical principles to resolve moral dilemmas
Casuistry is an applied ethics term referring to case-based reasoning. Casuistry is used in juridical and ethical discussions of law and ethics, and often is a critique of principle- or rule-based reasoning. The term "casuistry" originates from the Latin "casus" ("case").The process of answering moral or ethical questions via interpretation of rules of ethics or cases that illustrate such rules; Rationalization, that is, a bogus argument designed to defend an action or feelingApproach to ethics that begins by examining a series of concrete cases rather than by trying to deduce the consequences of a moral rule. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment