Thursday 28 April 2011

How I Feel - Vicky Munn saved my life and got me back with my ex wife...


A mate of mine once revealed that he'd been asked this question:-
"Why do you hang around with Jon, after all he's pretty weird?"

I have to admit to being quite taken aback by this and affected by it greatly for several days. In fact it comes up every now and then when I'm feeling low and I ask myself the same question.

Only about everyone else ;) Why should I want to spend time with you?

Why do I spend my time, and that's what it is, my time, with the people that I do?

The answer for me is always another question or twelve...

Which go along the lines of:-

What can I do for them?
How can I make their life better?
Can I be a positive influence in their lives?

That's all I've ever wanted to be...

But then I find myself with those people and I think of all the things I've done to improve myself, the ways in which I have tried to make amends for the errors I've made in the past, the habits that annoy people that I've made a concious (and that's the key word here) a concious effort to curtail, the times that I've been the bigger person and let them have their way.

The truth is that I don't like confrontation, never have, probably never will.

I look upon even conversation as a confrontation at times.

You keep picking the same fights, starting the same arguments.

I thought that years of having me in your life would have taught you at least that!

If you become a nuisance, if all we do is find ways of killing time...

I become bored, with you, with me.

And I move on, sharpish,

as John Evans the landlord of the Kings Arms in Didmarton used to say. He once declared to a friend of mine (Greg Hawkins ;) that "If I find out you aren't old enough to be drinking in here, I'm going to stick my boot up your arse to the eighteenth lacehole." What a terribly nice chap, always used to threaten us with his caged 'frankly by then arthritic' Alsatian SHADOW! ;) His wife Hazel would walk through the bar without an iota of irony, with your frozen dinner in her hand from the freezer to the kitchen. "Hey that's my piece of fish she's got in her puddy."

---

Thankyou Vicky Munn, the hygienist at the dentist in Malmesbury and to anyone else who has said something once that I remember to this day...

Vicky (I hope I've remembered your name correctly) once told us a story at Primary School.

At our school you had classes which could contain pupils of varying ages, not quite the original excellent idea of placing individuals in a group based on ability rather than age (ala Little House on the Prairie etc). But still, it meant that you were always learning from people a little bit more experienced and older than you.

The story was about someone who had lost a limb, in fact they'd lost their right or left arm (or hand, it WAS a long time ago so I forget). This lead to them having to find a way to do all the usual things only with one hand. I soon started practising using my other hand and my other foot when it came to things I would normally do with the right ones.

Twenty years later I scored a goal with my left foot from outside the box.

I'm not ambidextrous and ambifootrous but not far off ;)

I learnt to juggle which also uses both halves of the brain at once.

You see something so stupid and uninteresting to most people has led to a big change in me.

I'm grateful as this thing may seem trivial but united the two halves of my brain.

I'm undoubtedly better of for having heard that one.

-

The hygienist mentioned something the one time I visited her, about the way that people clean their teeth. About the fact that rather than working up and down with the toothbrush to work round and around and to always end your brushing by stroking the top gums down and the bottom ones up with the head of the brush to promote growth.

Little thing but I don't have the smile of a thirty eight year old now do I? No is the answer you are looking for ;)

-

These might not be the most profound examples but you get the idea?

So what if anything does this have to say about life?

It says that you need to be aware that the smallest things, that may and usually do seem insignificant at the time, can have the greatest effects. SO PAY ATTENTION

Pas a pas se va luenh...Step by Step I progress

I had it tattooed on my back

I live by that

Light &
Love
Jon

As for me being weird? The description doesn't bother, to me 'normal' wud be a bigger insult ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment