Friday 8 August 2014

Frozen

I remember freezing up when I was called into action at the football match, I was the first aider on the sideline and when someone went down injured I couldn't move.  I'd say that is a good example of how my life has gone, why I haven't done certain things, why I have done others, fear of failure.

I got up and went over and applied the magic sponge luckily in this case it wasn't a serious injury, just a bruise but it showed me why it was that the terror I felt inside in situations like this made me panic.

Made me stand stock still or turn and run, flight not fight, find my breath catching in my throat.

The thought of many a thing, many a possibility has done this to me before, my imagination.

Imagined threats, imagined situations, imagined outcomes, fear of those coming true.

What ifs if you will, challenges to my will, to all of my hopes and dreams.

In the end when push comes to shove I have acted with practise.

Over the years when a situation I couldn't avoid came up.

I got my ass in gear and got on with whatever.

If and when backed into a corner.

I came out fighting.

For Light &

Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment