Wednesday 21 November 2012

I believe in You I believe in Me and you know I believe in Love

I had the words to a song pop into my head, usually I'll be thinking about something, how to express a feeling and my mind will dredge up a song, or a phrase or similar situation which describes it pretty perfectly.

In this case, instead of writing it down which is what you need to do, I need to do, before it's forgotten, I didn't and it was lost, then I spent ages trying to get it back again, and this is important.

Instead of creating a problem, "I can't think of that song lyric"...  My self talk has become positive.

Instead of making things harder, instead of creating a self fulfilling prophesy with a bad result, I turn that around.  Instead of thinking, "I can't remember it" I think "I can remember it"...

Even if I'm lying to myself, eventually it works.

To give an example of what I mean, I would relax, thinking that I've got a little bit of it on the tip of my tongue, it's close, I can almost remember what it was...

Even if I can't, instead of getting down, or frustrated, I just keep calm and let my mind do its magic.

I get a little hint, feel it coming closer again, keep on letting things work themselves out.

It's back.  I'm overjoyed, I can go write my blog entry now on how to do this.

Another way to jog your memory, or let things work themselves out is to forget it completely.

Stop worrying that you can't remember it, change the subject, go do something else.

Let go of your frustration, let go of your attachment to the result, let go...

I use the example of nature filmakers, who having gone on long journeys far afield to get footage of a particular animal, find that on the last day, when they still haven't managed to capture what they hoped for, they give up, they assume it wont happen, and in that final day, hour, minute...  When they've let go of their attachment to a particular outcome...  As if by magic, they get what they desired so badly.

That's what we must do, have the hope inside, but not so keenly and so defininitely that it scuppers our chances...

Have a dream, and fill it with the love and colour and sound and everything you wish for.

Don't hold on too tightly cos it has a habit of wanting to escape.

Or to never being found in the first place.

Let it go.

Love
Jon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment