Monday 30 March 2009

Location Spain

Mood: cowardly cheerful as fuck buzzing on a natural high
Music: The sound of birdsong in the morning and church bells at night argh!!!!!

First things first I really dislike these darned internet machines in the refuges, I´ve lost a blog entry because the time ran out and now another version because I pressed the wrong button…

Everything happens for a reason I like to think, so maybe it was insulting or just too wordy, so here goes with the third go.

- Cowardice

I´ve been a coward in that I´ve protected myself from being hurt and happy at the same time, by not letting anyone get close I´ve denied them and me the chance of any joy and misery too…











Astrid from Austria is a case in point, we struck up a conversation on the road the other morning and spent the whole day swapping stories and getting on like a house on fire (strange analogy but it fits). I really enjoyed the day and it flew by, not even noticing any pain in the joints or soreness from the previous days exertions. She has a boyfriend who funnily enough is from Thornbury in Gloucestershire (small world innit).

They say the grass looks greener on the other side, but that´s just an excuse not to try harder with your current situation, it only looks greener because when you get over there it´s got just as many weeds and brown patches… Like the dog with a bone in his mouth, who looked into the water and saw a dog with a bigger bone, tried to grab it and lost the one he had…

Everyone seems to think the grass is greener rather than tend to their own patch these days, I don´t recommend it, feed and water the bit you´ve got.

The intimacy, trust and empathy that you´ve built for one another means much more than anything you think you might have with someone else, no matter how appealing they look, how well you click.

Although all that said, lust is the quick and easily available alternative to trust in the modern world, where everything is expected right away, with our short attention spans and need for quick fixes.

-








My days, in my mind, are meant to be spent meditating and being awash in the sights and sounds of the countryside not flirting with a pretty girl from Austria, but it´s very tempting nonetheless to become sidetracked from the reason I came out here.

So many beautiful, exotic (Austria?) women, all the beer and wine and food, so many temptations. Just another reason why the Camino means different things to different people and why there are so many reasons for doing it depending on who you are, where you´re from and why you came out here in the first place…

Sort it out with him or her don´t go looking elsewhere, otherwise why did you get together originally? As for me I´ll stick to my cowardice I find it comforting to know that I´m safe in my little cocoon of nothingness for the moment, until I'm ready not to be such a sad and lonely old git. Claudia nearly tempted me earlier on in the Camino, but her large nose meant that I had mental images of our kids with massive snozzes, given the walker tendency to have large ones coming from the Welsh side of the family.

My heart goes out to anyone with relationship difficulties, the credit crunch can´t be helping neither because don´t they say (yes THEM again!) that money worries are the main cause for breakups?

Soy Ingles y un poco gales - I'm English and a little bit Welsh

xXx
Light and Love
Juan Pablo Andador

No comments:

Post a Comment