Friday 25 March 2016

yo yo dieting

they said we don't want that ready smile
they said you have done lots of bad
they said cower beneath a duvet
i said i bare my throat for the spiritual dagger
i said i will feel as though there was a snake there
i said i will wonder if it's my adrenals shutting down now
because I've been running on empty and lanes
because I've been out in the night again
because I've been staring at goats
and swearing loads and loads and not
because it took a lot to get me to lose my rag
and it's been a drag i can say that I don't take it easy
I give it hard though when push comes to shove
i was all about the goddess above and love
and then it was all demons and knives
and less about short lived lives
it ran and ran as i starved
and then overate until i was fat
and now i can't stop eating like a rat
feeling like a dog but not a star like sirius
less the wizard i was feeling like before harry
and more like a great big shaggy dog story
back to square one the magic is gone so

No comments:

Post a Comment