Sunday 1 November 2009

My Definition, my definition is this

Location: The Lodge, no not the masonic variety, me hoose 'innegar lodge
Mood: calm amused finally job hunting for dosh to get lost
Music: My definiton by the Dream Warriors

I’ve spent the last ten years, give or take a few months, searching for answers. I’ve finally got some even though they weren’t necessarily the ones I was expecting or hoping for, nonetheless answers to all my questions have come in droves, especially over the last year since I really gave them the attention they deserved.

So what were they?

The questions were:-

Why are we here?
How do I proceed?
What is coming up?

Why are we here?

The why we are here is moot mainly because you’d need to be asking the question yourself for my definition to mean anything to you, it’s an understandable conclusion that I’ve arrived at given the experiential evidence but also subjective as all the best things in life are. The most difficult but also the single most valuable aspect is the journey not the destination, it requires littering the roadside with many long held beliefs and several paradigm shifts up through the gears until you’re finally heading towards solutions at full throttle.

How do I proceed?

I know the direction that I need to head in now and the vehicles I choose as my methods of transportation, but not the passenger list or the likely detours along the route, so it isn’t over really it’s just beginning and just as exciting as when I originally set off all those years ago. The main difference is in the amount of baggage I’ll be taking with me from now on, almost nothing, travelling progressively lighter and lighter. I’ve managed to avoid some of the pitfalls, but learned so much more from the ones I fell into, however painful they were at the time.

What is coming up?

Travels into foreign and as yet entirely unknown environs, new and inspiring landscapes unexplored by many, all the while pairing things down and down into a singularity of purpose and thought, in fact a winning argument in an ontological debating contest. Somewhere devoid of dogma or rhetoric but most especially no idle speculation only enlightened curiosity. We live in a world full of egos and boundaries which need to be dissolved one person at a time until there is a chain reaction, until critical mass is reached and there is a global transformation.

The alternative is what we have at the moment, everyone out for themselves, fear the prevailing wind emotionally and panic the undercurrent beneath the waves of the ocean of conciousness. We have become blaze, dehumanized others, given ourselves over to so called common sense, abdicated our responsibilities, set ourselves adrift separated from each other with dwindling resources and time running out to save everyone and all we can seem to do is live from hand to mouth.

The truth is that you can choose to spread the growing pains out between now and the inevitable or take it in one hit which you might not survive. Those are your only options, so choose one and let me know if you make the same decision as me. I have some well worn guidebooks of the road less travelled, some hard won or just as painfully gained hints and tips and even better a short-cut from where you are to where I am embarking from, if some of that would be of any assistance to you on your own journey. I’ve made it here alone, I’m sure it’s easier with company but it’s hard to find others to get into the same boat with you or to find the courage to ask them to and reveal its true destination. Good luck to all intrepid explorers…

Jon
xXx
Light & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment